Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Photowalk, Year 2

Think back two months. Its July. When I should have posted this.

On a lovely Saturday morning, I joined about 50 other people in the Byward Market.

To participate in the 3rd annual Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk.

Which was MY 2nd annual.

The Ottawa walk was lead by my wonderful friend Justin.

The point of the day is to meet other people interested in photography.

And to walk around for a while, taking whatever pictures you want.

Honestly, I didn't have much inspiration for much of the day.

But I think I ended up with some pretty nice pictures.

And the best part was the social aspect.

I met lots of nice people; some of whom I'd chatted with on Twitter.

And we ate brunch and chatted.

And then we hoped our pictures were good.

And I decided that I'll do it again next year.

And see if maybe I can take better pictures next year.

Although I do quite enjoy these ones.

Do you?

4 comments:

angela auclair said...

yep. i like them very much.
and will walk with you next year to see how you see because i did not see any of the gorgeous shots you captured.

Some kind of Wondermom said...

My friend @glidinglara went on the photo walk. I just got my own DSLR and am thinking I might like to join you next year!

i am playing outside said...

goodness, you are some very fast commenters! i'm glad you like the pics! :)

Angela, i ave no problem with walking with you! :) ... I swear I just luck into my pictures. You just have to try things sometimes. But a lot of people say I have a good eye, so I guess I do. :)

Deb said...

Yes, I like them a lot! The pattern of the paving stones, in that warm glow...I like that one particularly.