Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Triple Coworker Goodbye

On Sunday the 15th, I got together with some friends at the Honest Lawyer for a three-coworker sendoff. Which ultimately was turned out to be a bit of a letdown crowd-wise, but the people who WERE there were all fantastic. Also, it was a sendoff for three people, but as of this point in the month, EIGHT FREAKING PEOPLE have handed in their resignation at my store. Some of those people are fantastic, and I'm going to miss them so much. It is also prompting me to finally get off my ass and start job hunting for something better... so if you know of anything full time, let me know!

Sarah is leaving us to go to school in Toronto. She was only around for the summer, but she's one of the nicest people I've ever worked with. She skipped over that whole awkward period of getting to know people... she just made herself part of the cool kids from day 1.

Christine is moving home to Windsor, after some sort of bizarre situation where she wont have anywhere to live in Ottawa, so she's leaving. It's also leaving her higher up position available. The managers want me to take the promotion, but I'd never want to advance at my store. Its not worth the hassle.

Here's a good group... Martin, Sarah, Sam, me and Morgan.

We finally met Martin's girlfriend Quinn, who also works for the company, but not in our store. She was awesome, and after months of working with Martin, I finally got to know him over several drinks. It was great!

Samantha is leaving us for Calgary, where she's going into law school. I will miss her the most, because we started together, and she got more awesome every single day. She came and gave me a final goodbye hug today, and it was sad. She's not a hugger, but this one lasted forever. Still, not long enough.

And here's Morgan and Sarah. Thankfully Morgan is staying, or else I'd have almost no one left. And Colleen is coming back to Ottawa soon, so it will be nice to see her again. But seriously, I need a new job. I've reached the limit.

No comments: