Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Olympics: Day 4

February 15, 2010. Technically day 5, since I got there on day 0, but still, this trip was way too short. Sadly, that's what happens with a student budget!

The night before, I had to go back to the Olympic Superstore at The Bay. It was late at night, making it the only store still open. I needed to buy a new duffel bag. I had too much stuff to bring home with me, especially with the drum from the opening ceremony. While buying my new Vancouver 2010 bag, I naturally had to spend even MORE money on other souvenirs. It just never ended!

So its my last morning. I let myself sleep a little longer, took my time eating the Dutch girl's breakfast, said goodbye to Brian (who I met the night before on the bus, and we chatted for like an hour... he was from the states somewhere, and was there with some Serbian woman who now lives in Ottawa, who was a little odd) and checked out as late as possible. I had a couple hours to kill before my flight, so I reluctantly dragged all my heavy crap, including that new extra piece of luggage, around downtown for a little while. I had pretty much seen everything I wanted to already, and I wouldn't have gotten in anywhere with so much stuff, so I just stuck to the streets and had a nice long lunch. Finally it was very reluctantly time to go to the airport. While waiting in the, er, waiting area, I was watching Olympics coverage on TV along with everyone else. We watched Mike Robertson win silver in snowboard cross, which was freaking cool to watch. I almost cried sitting there, knowing I had to leave. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. It was truly the time of my life!

So, a big thanks to everyone who helped me make it happen! Especially to Darryl, and also thanks to Justin for urging me to get a great camera (again, thanks to Darryl). I'm so happy with my pictures, and I never would have been if I didn't get this camera.

Thanks Vancouver! :)

1 comment:

Deb said...

Fantastic pics!