Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Last Day Of Waiting

For 2415 days, I've been patiently waiting. On July 2, 2003, the city of Vancouver was awarded the 21st Winter Olympic Games. That day, I knew I'd be going. There was never any other option.

Growing up, I watched every moment of the Olympics with my family... it didn't matter where they were, or what the event, we watched. Even if we were on vacation, we'd linger in the hotel room... just one more race, just one more minute of watching the Olympics. I don't know why, but I absolutely love them, and going to a Winter Olympics in Canada has been my dream since I was little.

I've refrained from posting very much lately, because I could have easily turned this blog into a ridiculous Olympics-fest, and that would have annoyed everyone to death.

But I'm excited. I'm ready to go. I just have to make it through the next 27 hours, and I'll be off to the airport. My excitement has been so great in the past few days that I've had trouble sleeping, and even focusing on real life. Go get a much-needed hair cut? Nah... I'd rather read every Olympic news story that Twitter has to offer, or watch another video for the 100th time.

So I'm ready to stop saying I'm going to the Olympics, and start going to the Olympics. It is going to be AMAZING.

Now, I'll leave you with one of many great CTV Believe commercials. But soon, I'll be back with more pictures and stories than you ever needed. And I guess I'll be taking ideas for a new lifelong dream, because I get to check off the first one very soon.

9 comments:

Bec said...

have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am playing outside said...

THANK YOU! I plan on having the time of my life :D

dt4ever said...

... you know that isn't quite true, cuz the time you spend with me is REALLY the time of your life. lol :P

Enjoy Vancouver... I look forward to hearing all about it!!

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I have been excited for you and thinking about you more and more the closer it gets. MDH and I can't wait to hear from you afterwards (or during - do we dare hope for blogs during the event?).

Yeah you!!!

James said...

It's here! Hope you have a blast, man.

Cobie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katrocket said...

I can't wait to see your photos and read all about it! GO CANADA!

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

Ooy-ya! That Donald has got it right.
Have a great time - maybe we'll see you there! I'll be the one in red.