Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Roomie Photos

I'm just two days away from moving in with Darryl, and I've come up with an interesting look at my previous living situations, based on when I had my picture taken with the roommates.

This is the last picture I have of me with Lars. It is the only one. And Nicole is between us. We lived together in the same room in rez for 8 months, and our only picture was taken on day 5. We chatted online during the summer before living together [thanks, uOttawa] and we got along fantastically. But I guess sharing 110 square feet of space with another person is a bit of a challenge. We were definitely the biggest roommate conflict on the floor. The first few days went well [as noted by the aforementioned photo with Nicole, as we embarked upon a late-night adventure], but things got bad quickly. We finally moved out of rez in April 2006. In October 2008, we apologized to each other for being douchebags, via Facebook.

This is the last picture taken of me with Krista [looking quite snazzy!]. I met her because I had 5 weeks to find an apartment before school started, and she had an apartment across the street from school. I said all the right things as she interviewed me with her two best friends, and it was mine. Things were good with us at the beginning, and then she began to encroach upon my space way too much. I invited her home for Thanksgiving, since she wasn't going home to Newfoundland. That was a bit aggravating, and my mom stupidly opened her mouth and invited Krista to Christmas as well. Which was a pain in the freaking ass. Things continued to slide, I began to tell her to stop doing *insert thing here*. But then she decided she'd go to Alberta for the summer, which left me alone for the last few months. I have pictures spanning our entire roommateship, so I guess on a whole, it was a fairly good situation. But I will never speak to her again, as I later discovered that she threw out a piece of my mail from the government which was a request for supporting documents for my taxes. This cost me $400 and she was abruptly removed from Facebook. ;)

The terrible thing about the last [and again, only] picture of Tim and I is that it was taken in October 2006... just shortly after I moved in with Krista, and like 11 months before I eventually moved in with Tim. So there was a span of 19 months between this picture of us, and me moving out. Things didn't go so well, as you can imagine. I think I'm hard to live with, even though I keep to myself. But Tim was a fucking slob. Longtime readers will remember the messes he left. Oh, the messes. I was happy to move out, but I missed the walk-in closet. And the huge room. And he would come into my room and play guitar and sing to me, which is frowned upon, as you learned two posts ago.

So, after that fabulous roommate record, I decided to move in with Andrew, who I'd been dating for 14 months. Right after I moved in, I went away for a week on a school trip. A week after that, I broke up with him. To be fair, I shouldn't have moved in, because I saw things going downhill long before it happened. But at that point, I had nowhere else to live. So the first two months were pretty shitty, but we both moved on. He had originally given me 2 months to get out, and then downgraded that to move out whenever I find a decent place, and finally I stayed. It was gone quite well, other than my constant worrying that some dumb small thing meant he hated me and wanted me to move out. By the way, our last picture was taken two weeks before I moved in.

But for once in my life, I'm not dying to get rid of my roommate. The first three move-outs were jubilant, but this one is mixed emotions. Its great that I will be living with Darryl, but I will no longer see Andrew. After seeing him constantly for 2.5 years, even if its just the occasional hello or conversation now, it will be odd to not have him around. Several nights this week, I had dreams involving him. Kind of a recurring dream, where we lived together at my mom's house, and I was packing my stuff to move out, and he was decorating for a Christmas party, so he was decorating my boxes. Such an odd dream.

So, I will miss Andrew. To be honest, I've almost cried about it three times. I don't really know why. But its nice to be walking out of an apartment instead of running for a change. Darryl better be prepared for the roommate challenge! LOL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Types of chocolate:
Commercially available chocolate and chocolate can be divided into thermostat thermostat-free chocolate, the so-called free thermostat chocolate, is chocolate containing cocoa butter composition of the separation, and then replace the cocoa butter to vegetable oils, due to low prices, easy and in the is not easy to melt under high ambient temperature have been widely used in commercial purposes, the French chocolate Technology Normal University are reluctant to use the thermostat-free chocolate.

Dalai Lama's public trip from August 31 to September 2. Dalai Lama plans on the 30th night entry from Taoyuan International Airport, 31 Chinese and foreign journalists will be held the morning, afternoon, and visits prospecting disaster victims, on the 1st of the trip was a public speech and the victims of the village, a modern place in Kaohsiung City Comprehensive Stadium, 2 No. Han God Dome Banquet Hall with Cardinal Paul Shan Kuo-hsi of the talk.

Anonymous said...

Types of chocolate:
Commercially available chocolate and chocolate can be divided into thermostat thermostat-free chocolate, the so-called free thermostat chocolate, is chocolate containing cocoa butter composition of the separation, and then replace the cocoa butter to vegetable oils, due to low prices, easy and in the is not easy to melt under high ambient temperature have been widely used in commercial purposes, the French chocolate Technology Normal University are reluctant to use the thermostat-free chocolate.

Dalai Lama's public trip from August 31 to September 2. Dalai Lama plans on the 30th night entry from Taoyuan International Airport, 31 Chinese and foreign journalists will be held the morning, afternoon, and visits prospecting disaster victims, on the 1st of the trip was a public speech and the victims of the village, a modern place in Kaohsiung City Comprehensive Stadium, 2 No. Han God Dome Banquet Hall with Cardinal Paul Shan Kuo-hsi of the talk.

Darryl said...

Almost every weekend for the past 7 months = me being ready for this so-called "challenge"!

Bring it on!!

Elyse said...

wow i didn't know so much about chocolate... stupid spam!
hopefully you and darryl will have an excellent living situation. i'm sure you'll have some challenges, but just remember to voice your "opinions" instead of letting them all build up and ripping his head off for no reason... :) Good Luck and Congrats!!

Darryl said...

Mmmm chocolate. I knew there was a reason I wanted chocolate cake so bad!

I really don't think that should be a problem - Michael voices his opinions like the best of them, and I can too, if warranted. This will be the best living arrangement yet, mostly cuz Kitty (aka Andréa) is here, and he loves her! And the fact that he won't have to deal with me 24/7 (and vice-versa). Some would say that it is simply an extension of our past arrangement. lol

滿天星花語 said...

你了解整形有哪些手術?整形外科一定要具有專科證照醫師才是基本要素。隆乳 果凍矽膠是目前市面上最好的材質!
你知道高雄婦產科中誰是不孕症及人工受孕的權威醫師嗎?肉毒桿菌有何功效及效果。
汽車隔熱紙 大樓隔熱紙有何差異?隔熱紙不是係數越高效果就會越佳喔!
你想選擇一位大陸新娘 外籍新娘的話,請進入我的網站也許就是你一生中最好的選擇。
納豆 保健食品要如何選擇呢?
選擇現代生活中最好的運動就是瑜珈,要選擇瑜珈就要先了解瑜珈教室設備、師資及瑜珈教學喔!
高雄瑜珈中的簡善琳瑜珈教室是南部地區最完善的瑜珈教室耶^^
MOTEL就是汽車旅館,它是提供情人溫馨休息住宿的好地方,到台中住宿時別忘了到台中汽車旅館看看喔!!!
台中乳酪蛋糕中禾雅堂乳酪蛋糕提供讓您難忘的蛋糕口味,除了chocolate蛋糕之外還有中秋禮盒多種樣式。
選購服飾潘朵拉日韓服飾有日系服飾服飾批發流行服飾及韓國服飾。
張艮輝是這次國民黨雲林立委中希望拜託大家鄉親支持的好立委。
外籍新娘 大陸新娘 越南新娘這些都是一生一世最專業的服務與選擇。
您在尋找墾丁旅遊網資訊嗎?畯富包車旅遊提供高雄旅遊 墾丁旅遊 阿里山旅遊 高雄縣旅遊 高雄租車 高雄計程車 高雄一日遊 機場接送等專業服務。
僑泰裝潢廚具網是全台最大的居家生活廚具網站有廚具 廚具工廠 系統傢俱 傢俱 裝潢 抽油煙機以及系統櫃歐化廚具 室內設計作品與免費室內設計喔!
網路行銷是網站曝光的首要指標,如何能讓網站排名於首頁是需要靠SEO技術與專業,當然關鍵字的選擇就格外重要了,這是決定瀏覽者在搜尋行銷中唯一的方向。