Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Restaurant Update

So, it has been two weeks since I started my new restaurant job, and as Stacy and Whiskey have forecast [in the comments], I love working in a restaurant.

There are just oh so many people, and I love people [when I don't hate them hah]. People are just so interesting and bizarre, and its definitely a place to meet a whole new type of people than I otherwise never would.

The job is great, because it keeps me completely busy and just flies by. Even when its slow, its busy, and I don't even notice if I worked 8.5 hours and only took a 20 minute break to eat supper.

Which, by the way, is ultra delicious all the time, and oh so free. At first, I was just getting a little club wrap, but now I'm eating less food at home and getting a bigger meal at work. Generally, pasta, which I totally photographed tonight, as it tastes amazing.

The only downside to the job is that people are FLYING out of the kitchen at top speed. I let you all know that Curtis was only there 4 days. Well, then a girl quit. And then I showed up and met a new guy and was told that he was the new head chef, and oh by the way, the head chef is quitting and will be done on Friday. And then OtherMike gave his two weeks notice [continuing me streak of jobs where the other Mike quits after I start working there]. And rumour has it two other cooks will be fired. And a waitress had her last day on Sunday.

Maybe this means I will move up to cook, when the other dishwasher returns from his heart attack recovery.

So while I love the people in the restaurant, I would love it more if the people I liked were actually sticking around! What if the replacements are awful? lol

Other good things? I eat my supper outside in the alley, which is totally peaceful. Just a nice meal at a small table with a crisp white cloth napkin, and the sky. Sweet! Although technically the alley is shared by 4 restaurants, so there are always others out there smoking or eating, and chatting, and its great. I love it.

And a final note, on one of the nights last weekend, we finished an hour early, so I was totally almost out the door, and OtherMike said to come out to the back patio with him while he had a smoke. So we went, and some other employee that works in the day but is always there at night totally started buying us drinks, and the bartender gave us free drinks, and then some customer came over and wanted to hug me because he [and way too many other people] thinks I look like Seth Rogan. I like hugs, so I hugged.

Oh, and I think the job is getting me in better shape. Especially my arms. Huzzah!

And tonight, I turned like 50 pounds of potatoes into fries in like 3 minutes.

And the other day, I cute an ENTIRE BOX of onions WITHOUT CRYING.

And my job is great. :)

11 comments:

Darryl said...

Mmm cooking. You should totally try going for that!

Anonymous said...

MOTEL
seo
居家看護
法拍屋
白蟻
seo
隔熱紙
高雄縣旅遊
墾丁旅遊
網路行銷

JennyMac said...

Love your attitude. :) And all the toxins are in the base of the onion...avoid and you shall never tear up (over them) again.

Anonymous said...

簡善琳瑜珈補習班創辦人簡善琳老師,在三十幾年前瑜珈風氣尚未盛行的少女時代即對它產生濃厚興趣少時體質贏弱敏感也因瑜伽而獲得顯著改善,所以立志貢獻所學,藉由瑜珈來達成幫助國人身體健康的願望。高雄瑜珈中簡善琳瑜伽養生會館除了硬體設備在會館環境上建立最精緻、最優質的多功能複式場所外,為避免其他瑜珈教室之師資情況(即投入教學工作則無力再學習進修之窘境),對於師資的培訓與要求更是不遺餘力,所有師資不分資深資淺每個月都要接受新的瑜伽課程訓練,期盼與國際接軌,隨時給予學員最新的資訊與知識。針對初學者教授九大關節操、拜日式、基本功法、淨脈呼吸法等,溫和而緩慢的瑜珈,透過簡單的延展動作及呼吸按摩身體各部位的經脈,奠定初學者學習瑜伽的基礎。會館裡有初級瑜伽、整體瑜伽、哈達瑜伽、養生瑜伽、有氧瑜伽、塑身瑜伽、氣功瑜伽、瑜伽提斯、Ashtanga、孕婦瑜伽、進階瑜伽、體位法瑜伽…等數十項豐富瑜伽課程提供選擇。

Elyse said...

Dear Asian Anonymous Spam

I don't like you.

Love,

Elyse

Anonymous said...

網路行銷
網路行銷
網路行銷
seo
seo
seo

Anonymous said...

Michael Jackson(麥可傑克森)你永遠是我的最愛^^
Michael Jackson,麥可傑克森

Michael Jackson,麥可傑克森

Michael Jackson,麥可傑克森

瑜珈,看護,旅遊

保健,蛋糕,服飾

網路,資訊,花園

法拍屋,隔熱紙

達人,精品,整形

科技,天空,飛翔

蝸牛,不孕,汽車

Elyse said...

oh so i see the war is on!

Elyse said...

oh so i see the war is on!

Anonymous said...

乳酪蛋糕:推薦你全台最好吃ㄉ乳酪蛋糕!
台中汽車旅館:如果要去台中住宿推薦鍾愛一生的汽車旅館!
看護中心:長期看護要特別注意哪些事項呢!
隔熱紙:汽車隔熱紙是越貴越好嗎!!!
高雄縣旅遊:推薦你高雄縣市的旅遊景點喔^^
棧板:環保棧板的最佳選擇!
拳師犬:來到我的寵物網站告訴你如何飼養可愛ㄉ狗狗^^
墾丁旅遊:夏天到了墾丁是南台灣最佳旅遊點耶!
彌月蛋糕:給寶寶彌月最佳的蛋糕禮盒選擇!
法拍屋:不景氣選擇房屋法拍屋正是時候ㄛ!
納豆:你知道納豆對身體有何功效ㄇ~~~
電波拉皮:年輕的最佳利器就是電波拉皮~一勞永逸~
瑜珈教室:選擇瑜珈除了環境就是師資,讓我們展現最佳實力!
服飾批發:全台最物超所值ㄉ日韓服飾網路平台~

Anonymous said...

室內設計
室內設計作品
廚具
歐化廚具
歐式廚具
廚具工廠
系統櫃
系統傢俱
傢俱
裝潢
抽油煙機