Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Plush Love

So, Amanda emailed me and its been ten minutes so I already forget how the topic came up, but she mentioned Rainbow Brite [the old school TV show/toys].

My thought process went something like this:

1. I never saw the show, but my sister had an awesome Rainbow Brite doll.
2. No, it wasn't a Rainbow Brite doll. It was a Sprite, from the show.
3. Man, that Sprite was cute.
4. Hmm, what other amazingly cute stuffed toys are there that I own and absolutely fucking love?
5. OH. MY. GOD. Quatchi is just a ripoff of a Sprite, complete with nose, hand shape, fuzzy body shape, face colour, striped legs. Replace the star ears with ear muffs and you've got a Quatchi.

I'm very upset by this and wish I never figured it out.

3 comments:

Darryl said...

Quatchi's hotter... Sprite just looks gay!

Whiskeymarie said...

I both love and am disturbed that you put this much thought into this topic.
Are you drinking before noon again?

i am playing outside said...

i WISH i was drinking before noon again!

its this type of conspiracy that gets new episodes of The X-Files made! lol