Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Photowalk

On Saturday, I participated in Scott Kelby's Second Annual Worldwide Photo Walk. The Ottawa walk was one of 900 worldwide, and led by Justin Van Leeuwen.

For a lovely slide show of the full set of photos from the day, CLICK HERE. I promise you wont be disappointed.

On top of the social and photography aspects, there is a contest. One winning photo will be chosen from each city, and then ultimately a global winner. I am having trouble narrowing it down, since I'm only allowed to submit two photos, so I need your help!

After checking out the images below, please vote for your favourite in the poll at the top of the sidebar. [You have until the end of Thursday]. Also, leave your comments in the comments section. Don't be afraid to praise or destroy a picture! ... Thanks, and enjoy!

1. River View Confederation Building and Supreme Court of Canada along the Ottawa River.

2. Parliament Centre Block and the Parliamentary Library through a fence.

3. Blue Rain day by the Rideau Canal.

4. Crank They've been using these things to open and closed the locks for more than 100 years.

5. Drink Up Thanks to Darryl for holding the button so the water could flow.

6. Photography Museum Connected to the Chateau Laurier, alongside the Rideau Canal.

7. UnLock Opening the doors to let the boats through.

8. The Chateau In all its glory.

9. Aquaman Lets all go for a swim!

10. Parking Puddle Now comes with free napkin!

UPDATE: Voting is now closed. Thanks, all!

5 comments:

Darryl said...

I vote for number 3.

The puddle ones are also favourites but, for some reason, number 3 really calls me!

katrocket said...

Cool event! They are all very interesting photos - hard to choose just one, but I like #6, and the fact that it's the Photo Museum is kind of apt.

Erinn said...

I don't make choices, so you figure out which is best. I like the sepia toned stuff though. There's some great compositions happening here. Nicely done.

JennyMac said...

This pics are absolutely stunning!

i am playing outside said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments, everyone!

JennyMac, welcome... I checked out your blog and it is seriously hilarious! Love it!