Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Request

In 11.5 months, I'll be boarding a plane to the Vancouver Olympics. I've got my event tickets purchased. Now I need the rest of the package.

I just checked, and I can fly round trip with Tango for $896. I think that's pretty good. Now, I need to find a way to pay for this trip. A job would be nice. Sadly, I can't really start a new job for 8 or 9 more weeks. I want money now!

So I ask you, my lovely readers... would you like to sponsor my trip to the Olympics?

Yes, you say? Well thank you. Just message me for options to send me cheques. Thank you! Much love indeed.

*NOTE: Lodging for my 4 or 5 day trip will consist of the free-est place I can find. I'm not opposed to my own little patch of Stanley Park for a couple nights. Its Vancouver... I should embrace nature like the rest of the hippies, right?

9 comments:

Bec said...

If I wasn`t dirt poor I would send you money... so if any of your readers feel extra generous, they can send me some $$$ too!

Tim said...

wouldn't driving be cheaper?

i am playing outside said...

Tim, if you want to pay me for the 10 days I'd have to take off work to drive [hoping that I have a job at that point] I'd do it in a heartbeat LOL .. but with renting a car, mileage and gas, I'm not sure how much cheaper that would be.

Elyse said...

Elliot lives in Vancouver maybe he would let you stay. I get cheap flights... but unfortunately I only get them for me :(

i am playing outside said...

can i dress up like you? do you think they'll notice the height difference?

katrocket said...

You could try the old school method of cross-country travel - just hang out at the Greyhound station with a legible sign that says:

BEST BUS STATION B.J. EVER - $25.00

[feel free to adjust your rate for local market values]

Elyse said...

hmm... are you pale enough to be me? lol

i am playing outside said...

i'm pretty pale. and i could just bleach my skin once or twice if absolutely necessary. i can use the same bottle as the hair dye [not that you're bleached, but you're lighter haired lol]. lol

Elyse said...

mmk well if you can pull it off... you may be me :)