Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The First Trip

After 61 days, I finally rode the bus tonight.

The mood was more friendly than I expected.

The driver smiled, but not too much.

It was a smile that sad "I'm sorry".

I accepted the smile apology by not injuring the driver.

People on the bus seemed a bit awkward.

No one was used to trip.

The bus is a new experience again.

Everyone smiled at each other.

Hooray for bonding with strangers.

One lady was transporting a cake.

These are the parking stubs I saved - there were more.

4 comments:

Bec said...

wouldn't it be hilarious if she had a cake for fellow passengers to celebrate being able to take the bus again???

i am playing outside said...

lol that would have been awesome. my friend Dave and i discussed that there should be cake on the buses for that reason! then we decided that there should be buffets on the long buses haha

stacy said...

yeah - back on the bus with friendly strangers!

life is good.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

That's pretty lucky. Future Mrs Imaginary Reviewer's parents won't have their bus service back until April, apparently.