Monday, February 9, 2009

The Canal

I finally made it skating on the Rideau Canal for the first time this year.

On Friday evening, Darryl and I went to Chapters so I could get a book for class [it doesn't need to be read until the end of March, but there was only one copy left so I wanted to make sure it was mine]. Then we headed to Loblaws on Baseline, which has a kosher food section which was totally cool. I've never seen that in a store before. We bought the kosher version of Orange Crush. It was identical. We then went back to his place where he cooked a very delicious lasagna.

Saturday morning, we tried our hand at homemade waffles. The first round was a little messy, but we turned up the heat and the next batch was perfect. And they were some healthy recipe. Yay!

I went home and worked for many hours to complete the first half of an assignment for my Northern Hydrology class. Now I have a very intimate relationship with some rivers in Yukon. Exciting!

By the time I was done working, I was hungry. Off to Darryl's for lasagna leftovers, and then we headed down to the canal to skate. Sadly, the ice was a bit soft because it was really warm, so conditions were not ideal. We had fun anyway.

Darryl in his brand new skates that he bought that day!

Me, a natural born skater. Naturally.

Darryl looking like a geek.

We spent the rest of the night watching TV and avoiding Darryl's lame roommate.

This morning we woke up and had more waffles, which were even better than the day before [the recipe made a shit ton of batter]. Then there was post-breakfast napping, and then I came home to complete the second half of my assignment, which took many hours. After a Desperate Housewives break [thanks for that 2 minute Lexus ad at the beginning], I did two readings for my class tomorrow night. Now it is almost 3am and I'm tired, so its off to bed with me!

Oh. The buses have started back, as of Saturday. In two days I have seen 5 buses. That is not a lot. I'll be getting my first ride in two months tomorrow night. Woo.

4 comments:

Bec said...

#1 I love buying kosher stuff...
#2 Lasagna = amazing!
#3 Waffles = amazing!
#4 leftovers = amazing!
#5 Hello ABC did you Really think that have a car commercial in place of Desperate Housewives would help stop viewers from watching the Grammies? Really?!

i am playing outside said...

lol i didnt watch the Grammys. i never really have. and car commercials totally drew me in LOL

boredmando said...

If the Loblaws on Baseline was the one at college square, then it was totally my old grocery store.

There was another one further down Baseline, but it was considered to be Merivale. Since it was away from the rez, the lines were shorter, but the people there (customers and workers) were STUPID AS FUCK, so sometimes it took longer going through the cash in a shorter line than it did at college square in a longer line. LAME.

i am playing outside said...

i totally thought about you when i typed. it was indeed College Square. woo!