Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Tickets

Here's a fun idea... let's take a little break from the OC Transpo drama [which, by the way, has created my new record for comments on a single post!

It's official. I am going to the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver! Are you excited for me? I know I am!

The tickets basically sold out. There aren't too many left. I believe I'm able to purchase tickets to a Victory Ceremony [handing out the medals + concert] over the next 10 days, so I'll be trying for that at noon tomorrow when the buying for that begins.

What did I get? I'll be heading to Whistler to see runs 1 and 2 of the Mens Singles Luge [$34], then the next day in Vancouver I will be seeing Long Track Speed Skating, featuring the Ladies 3,000m final [$195], and then a Womens Hockey preliminary [$25]. Grand total of $299 spent on tickets + fees.

I had planned to spend up to $1032, but they didn't give me tickets for Ski Jumping, Biathlon or the Opening Ceremonies. I'll have to watch the ceremony on a big screen in a park instead. With hot chocolate I hope!

I am so damn excited! Just 428 days to go! I guess now I can put that $733 saved toward my flight. Eew. HAHA

5 comments:

stacy said...

that's simply amazing - it'll be an experience of a lifetime.

i am playing outside said...

i know! i'm really disappointed that i wont be seeing the opening ceremonies live, but you know what, just being there, and getting to see a couple events will be wonderful!

katrocket said...

wow! What a trip! I'm very happy for you - take lots of photos to share with us...

i am playing outside said...

oh there will be hundreds of pics, don't worry! ... but you've got 14 months to wait. feel free to stick around here til then... i love comments ;) hehe

Step Right Up said...

I wanna go!!!! {{stomping feet with bottom lip out in a pout}}