Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Geology Exam

Monday afternoon from 2-5, I'll be trapped at school for my Quaternary Geology and Climate Change exam. It will be about as awful as it sounds. My geography friends and I have spent 3.5 months being horrified by how awful geology truly is. Tomorrow, that will all smack us in the face, and we are all praying that it goes down ok.

The exam is focused on:
The Laurentide Ice Sheet, which covered most of Canada in the last glaciation [The neighbouring Cordilleran Ice Sheet is much less important. It doesn't have spreading centers at Labrador and Keewatin! No siree!] The exam will also feature:

Milankovitch cycles, which are just plain horrifying.

Pathetically, since the class was such a joke and/or completely incomprehensible at times, my friends and I are using Wikipedia to study. Let's see if 'The Free Encyclopedia' can help us out!

At the very least, I can enjoy the fact that I will again be getting a drive to school from Kerri [again two or three hours early, but again I'll live with that] and I'll also be getting a drive home because I've got a second date, which will involve dinner and then a drive back to my place for movie watching [yay cheap!] lol.

Let's hope that at least one of the two things, the date or the exam, goes well! HAHA

5 comments:

katrocket said...

Geology hurts my brain. Good luck ... with the exam AND the date!

i am playing outside said...

thank you! :D

Bec said...

wow none of this makes sense... I also use Wikipedia to study!

i am playing outside said...

i does make sense! in 11,000 years, we'll have winter in july! lol

ottawaproject said...

This is why I'm a social geographer, mon amis. :p