Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Day In Ottawa

Part 2 of 3

I woke up on the couch at 8:30am. The couch, because we had one freeloader in the spare room. But that's ok. Drinking and driving do not mix.

I was the first person up, so I decided to get crakin' on the mess. 50 people contained within 3 rooms for 7 hours create quite the mess! I started off by collecting all the garbage, then put all the glasses on the counter. The phone rang at 9:00am, waking up Momma, so she came down and was shocked by how much I'd cleaned up. She started washing the glasses and I started drying. Then everyone else came downstairs and watched us clean. It was insane. Thanks for sitting there, guys.

We had many a platter and dish to wash. Momma and I were a good team. Then we had a delicious egg and bacon breakfast!


Momma loves napkins. They were all over the house, no matter where people needed one. She had quite a hefty stack left over!


Here she is being absolutely mortified that this picture of her in her pyjamas is being taken five minutes after she woke up. Don't tell her its online.


Here is Darrell doing what turned out to be the only helping in the cleanup. Thanks.


When I woke up, I got myself a glass of ice water. When Momma woke up, she looked in the cup and said "How did this ice stay frozen all night sitting out like this? Was it that cold in here?" and then she threw out my water. I was dumbfounded HAHA. This is my second attempt at ice water.

So after the delicious breakfast, our houseguest left and Momma, Darrell and Alison went out to return Connie's car to her, as well as her folding chairs that we borrowed. I turned on the computer to check the bus schedule back to Ottawa. Ten minutes later, Connie's boyfriend was in the driveway and I was getting in his car. A ride back to Ottawa, right to my door. Yay!

I spent the afternoon being lazy, the evening being lazy, and the night finalizing my plans for Part 3.

No comments: