Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Subconscious

I've had weird dreams lately. Lots of them. Here are two that I can remember:

1. I dreamed that it was two years ago. I was still living with Krista, although our apartment was beautifully decorated. The type of cozy, wood-work walled type of place that you could see yourself in in the winter, warmed by a fire. Not that 70s wood panel crap. I'm talking high class wood walls. You know the ones. Like in a study.

Anyway, that's where I live in the dream. Then all of a sudden I'm with some family and friends, and we're walking on Wellington near where it becomes Rideau, and it is apparent that I have impregnated my cousin Tommy's [now ex] fiancé. Tommy isn't there, and nothing about the situation is tremendously shocking, although we're trying to figure out what to do since its a gay guy and my cousin's fiancé having this baby. Like what happens in that situation? And why is there a committee deciding what to do about it?

The dream ends with some gratuitous shots of the apartment again, for no reason. Its like there was the main dream, but it was surrounded by a real estate ad or something. But the weirdest part of the dream, hands down, is the fact that I know I've had it before.

2. Last night, I had a dream that Andrew and I were at my grandma's old house in Cottieville. [I didn't need to say the name, but this is likely the first-ever mention of Renfrew's little suburb in a blog, so I'm rolling with it].

OK CREEPY CREEPY CREEPY. THE TV JUST TURNED ON BY ITSELF. THE REMOTE AND TV ARE LIKE 2 FEET AWAY FROM ME. I'M ABOUT TO CRY.

back to the dream... whew that was freakish... umm... so Andrew and I are at grandma's house [he's never even been there] and he is watching TV and I'm reading a book. By the end of the dream, I've read the whole book in just 2 hours. I don't know what book, but that seems amazingly fast. That's the whole dream. Me reading. What a dull dream. I'm sorry you even had to read about it. But I had to live it. I didn't even get to read the book, I just dreamed that I read it. What kind of life is that?

Now, you the precious reader, come forth and analyze my dreams!

2 comments:

pistols at dawn said...

I can only interpret dreams for the Pharaoh of Egypt, unfortunately. But these sound like you're trying to come up with sitcom premises - "Gay guy, ex-fiance, and a baby."

ABC just bought it.

i am playing outside said...

well, if ive learned anything, its that my crappy sitcom will thrive on ABC for many years. huzzah!