Monday, September 1, 2008

The Takeoff

The move went well. I've been in Ottawa since Friday night. Good weekend. Good fun. Good drinks.


Last night I looked out the window, and remembered that the Hot Air Balloon Festival was in full swing. There were even more than this, but I couldn't fit them all into the shot!

Like these balloons, I'll be taking off... tomorrow morning I leave for Gaspé, Quebec for a 6 day research trip to kick off the school year. It's about 13 hours in a car. Thank god I'll be with Phil and Kerri... good people MAY make the trip there and back a little more bearable. I'll be sure to tell you all about it with LOTS OF PICTURES next week! Take care!

1 comment:

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Holy cats, that's a long car ride - I hope you still like these people when it's time to get back in the car to drive home.

Beautiful photo - thanks for sharing.