Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Gravel Pit

Today's field trip was to the South Gloucester Sand and Gravel Pit. It was as fun as it sounds.


This was the most breathtaking view of the day. Awful.


This was everyone trying to clamour up the little hill, seeing how many pounds of dirt they could work into their shoes. I threw out my socks when I got home. Brand new socks in the garbage. Damn dirt.


John was getting rained on. He shared my hatred of the trip.


Kerri tried to make the best of it.


Christina just loves pretending to be a geologist. For us geographers, these trips are a little hard to stomach. We hate geologists so damn much! lol


I met Nathan on the bus. Over the past few weeks, he has been sitting beside me in class, but we've never spoken. He also sits behind us on the bus trips. The other day he seemed dejected that the empty seat beside me was broken. Today I decided to talk to him. He was a welcome addition to our small group of geographers in a sea of geologists. That's a bad picture. He's better looking than that. Welcome, Nathan!


That's REAL professor-like. Psh.


There's my fat ass, professing my love for my favourite boulder of the bunch.


Then a craplaod of birds came.


And it was the perfect time for Helen to make an 'oh my god, birds!' face.

Never, under any circumstances, visit the South Gloucester Sand and Gravel Pit.

3 comments:

boredmando said...

God, it's so easy to throw a stone near some birds and then see some chick in the area making an "Oh my god, birds!" face.

i am playing outside said...

i like that you're throwing a stone, instead of a rock. you made that a much more pleasant image.

boredmando said...

Well, I was going to go with "throw a stone and hit a girl who is scared of birds" but then I took it one step further