Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Last Hoorah

My Summer comes to a close this coming Friday [the 29th] when I finish my last day as a GE employee and I move back to Ottawa for my last year of undergrad. To celebrate, especially since there wasn't too much celebration this Summer and it was totally boring, I had some people over for a small partay. You know, a gathering.


There was dancing.


There was singing.


There was me needing to be in my own pictures, so why not include Rebecca-ing.


Then Adam showed up, and I was even more shocked than he was. Its generally just a courtesy invite with him since he never comes! LOL


Then, Lindsay spilled and freaked out about it. I caught the exact moment and it was more than perfect. You can see it. That was the point where we decided that it was time to head to the bar!

At Coco Jarry's, we had a drink or two, I talked to Nick and Natalie and Jordan, I saw adults that I haven't seen since I was a child [awkward!]. Jenny threw a glass on the ground [she's such a little drunk!]. I can't believe they let her keep going back there, especially after she threw up on a barstool one time. Classy. I like to keep bringing that up. :D

Finnigan's is the bar we landed at. It wasn't too packed, and we weren't there too long before it was last call and the ugly lights came on. We did the traditional post-bar trip to Subway which was ultra delicious [naturally] and then we parted ways. I'll see some of them again for coffee this week, or maybe in Ottawa, but for others, it will be Thanksgiving.

In the end, it was a fantastic and fun night to celebrate the end of what was a fairly boring Summer. Hopefully, it will be the start of a great Fall, and final school year.

5 comments:

boredmando said...

Dear sir

Please feel free to not button all the way up to the top. That is just weird.

G'day

i am playing outside said...

we took a census and that shirt looks better buttoned than unbuttoned. so screw you!

Step Right Up said...

Thanks for splainin' that last pic. I thought y'all were playing Charades.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I need some more splainin' please - what is the small appliance that Adam is holding? Thanks!

i am playing outside said...

its a karaoke machine... i mean that's what Canadian dogs look like. they're totally adorable and comfy.