Monday, August 4, 2008

The Big Civ

Happy Civic Long Weekend everyone [in Canada]! My weekend was fairly quiet, but on Sunday, Momma, Darrell, Alison and I went out to mom's friend Connie's cottage. They were having a massive family cottage day [like 70 people] and we were invited because mom is basically their family.


I left home at 3:48. The others had gone earlier, and were spending the night. I didn't need that kind of commitment to someone else's family HAHA.


Alison avoided my camera as she normally does, because she can't just let anything be nice.


I put on my best new shirt for a grand photo op.


Little Mitchell was totally cute. I've known his mother for years, but I didn't meet the kid until he was 2 years old? Odd.


Hurds Lake is totally beautiful! And so close to Renfrew... who knew there were such nice things around? HAHA


Pretty!


This kid was so mischievious. He was 8, and he kept talking about this adult rated movies that he has seen, and then he was trying to ask his uncle about what the worst movie he's seen was, and he meant worst as in NOT SUITABLE FOR 8 YEAR OLDS [totally fishing for what he should try to see next] and THEN he was asking his uncle about playboy and if there is playgirl, and at this point his uncle told him the conversation was done LOL.


Momma and Connie. Woo!


Some cute little girl caught a cute little fish. Yay little girl!

So it was a fun day, and it makes me excited for a weekend of cottaging two weeks from now. I hope you all had a good long weekend!

3 comments:

poobomber said...

Happy long weekend dude!

I went to the desert. Yep, there's a desert in Manitoba! Well kinda. There are sand dunes.

It was hot and sweaty and I got a big blood blister on the bottom of my left foot cause I was barefoot (which is a pity since my right foot might wash up ashore in BC soon and I'll need the left one). But it was cool anyways, lots of sand, but you have to walk a mile uphill on a path that's just sand, making it a good strenuous journey. Then when you get there all you can do is sit on the edge of the dunes, gasping, then turn around and go back because you're too tired to go any further.

Then we went and had pizza hut. I had spaghetti with meatballs. The meatballs were good, but the spaghetti was overdone by about 10 minutes, making it mushy like baby food. I hate that. I like mine al dente. And the waitress was lazy and never came around to give us the bill even when we left some not-so-subtle hints like putting the leftovers on the very edge of the table, stretching lots, looking at her, yelling at her, grabbing at her when she walked by, and finally I got up and punched her. Right off her feet. Kidding, I just went to the cashier and paid. Even she walked away when I went to pay. Um, "Hello? I'm right here. You just walked away and stood 5 feet away and stared at me the moment I came up here. Should I just go and not pay?" My companion enjoyed her stuffed-crust pizza immensely though, I even had a slice. But I only tipped a buck. I hate it when people suck at waiting tables, cause I'm still too guilty to NOT leave a tip, so I leave a tip and then feel like a sucker for leaving a tip. You know how that goes.

The day before yesterday, we laid around and watched TV and napped intermittently. It was raining and dull, so we made the best of it. Know what's great? Watching Ghost Hunters when it's dark and gloomy outside. And winning the lottery. Winning the lottery might be more exciting, but all I'd do with the money is go on international vacations and lay in the hotel rooms and watch Ghost Hunters anyways.

Today I'm kinda working since I deal with a lot of people in the US. But more or less I'm writing pointless blog entries as per usual. At some point I might nap.


Oh crap, you didn't ask me what I did this weekend, you just hoped I had a good weekend! Yes then, I did!

Bec said...

i love hurds lake it is like my Disney land (aka the most magical place on the earth or whatever) Connie and i are kind of neighbors, she once told a bear to stay away from my cottage which was very nice of her. I also had a good weekend, i went to St Adele to the Dunn family cottage with my family and my dads cousins family then to Montreal on Sunday night.
ps most random string thoughts ever lol

i am playing outside said...

HAH i've heard the story of Connie politely telling the bear to go away... nice that she saved your cottage too! HAHA