Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Reveal

Sorry I didn't get around to showing any updates, but I worked hard at finishing my room all week long, and just got everything back in place minutes ago.

Refer to my previous post if you want to remember just how horrible the room was before.


The old floor. Nice, no? Looking at this picture, I can't believe I lived like this for years lol. Sadly, my computer chair will likely wear down the new paint in that same spot. Oh well, there's more in the can.


The new floor. You can still just barely see them M, which I like haha.


Here's a good shot of the floor/walls, to show the colour.


Here's some of my crap.


Here's the rest of my crap. Do you like my clever dresser-turned-desk? It works well!

I got rid of another garbage bag of stuff while moving my things back into the room, so that makes a total of 3 garbages bags gone, plus 12 big puzzles/games sent to the Salvation Army. Look at me cleaning up! HEHE

UPDATE: My mother has arrived home after not seeing the room since Friday morning. She was blown away. Chalk that up to another renovation success for Michael! You can hire me for the right price ;)

6 comments:

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Looks terrific! I love the contrasts and your upside down dresser drawer desk is quite brilliant. You'll have your own show on HGTV before you know it.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Don't drop out of college though... just sayin'.

i am playing outside said...

i can have my own show once im done school... The Decorating Geographer. I can do segments about the worldly places that I get my materials.

poobomber said...

Wow, nice job man!

Now you can play INSIDE and not have your eyeballs burned out!

i am playing outside said...

Hell no! I'm goin' out!

By the way, now when I try to fall asleep with the TV on, the white ceiling reflects it much more, and it's harder to go to bed. Long live orange ceilings!

Stacy said...

i love it!

what a great job. it must feel great how happy you made your mom as well.