Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Free Fridays

Today I found out that for the next four weeks, I will only have to work 4 days each week. Awesome.

For the next three weeks, the plant will go through its annual shutdown, which closes the plant for maintenance, any remodeling [two new offices] and so the employees who often work up to 60 hours a week can have a nice paid vacation. For us office staff, we still have to work, but it will be 4 10-hour days rather than 5 8.5-hour days. This means I'll be paid for my lunches for three weeks! Awesome!

The week after that, we have the Monday off for the Civic holiday. That means 2 three-day weekends and then a four-day weekend, without missing out on any pay! Awesome!

Also, tomorrow there is a big FREE steak BBQ in celebration of the shutdown, and every Thursday during the shutdown, there will be free lunch. That's 4 free lunches! Woo! HAHA

I can't wait to enjoy my special days off. AND I will save like 40 bucks by not driving to work those days! Yay!

4 comments:

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I had a little trouble following along with that - but yeah! paid free time is always good news!

My company's west coast office does 4 10 hour day work weeks - I wish we did too.

Step Right Up said...

I need to come work with you!

i am playing outside said...

you should all come work with me! we'll have a little party!

Whiskeymarie said...

Love the short work week, and love the extra days off.
You should take the $40 and do something fun on your 3-day weekends with it.