Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Second Day

Today was a pretty useless day at work. I was there half an hour before my supervisor [wtf] so I sat there at my desk because my training is all online, but [1] I couldn't log into the computer and [2] even if I could, my login for the training isn't set up, so I have to use my supervisor's.

So he got there and I finally got started, and he had a bunch of forms for me to fill out so I did that, and then I was trying to do my training but the laptop is garbage [I think they ordered me a new one] but sometimes the page takes like 3 minutes to change, so I just sat there and I'm sure that I was probably actually asleep for a few seconds every now and then. Thank god the cubicle walls are really high [I have a 2/3 cubicle... I'm like totally isolated... but I've got lots of windows too so thats cool]. Eventually I went for lunch which I ate with my new friend Donna who I met yesterday at lunch and some other lady, since they happened to sit with me haha. Sadly they work shifts, so I'll only get to lunch with her every 3rd week.

After lunch, I tried to do more training but it was even more useless, so some guy sat at my computer and called Peterborough and they remotely did some stuff to my computer [which is so weird to watch] and now I've got a login for the computer, and my email address, and my training login even though I've only got 1 training thing left to do and my password wasn't working for that so now I need more help lol.

Eventually I did some updating of hazardous material sheets [woo photocopying!] and then I left. Momma and I went to Grandmomma's for supper, and I fell asleep on the couch. Work is tiring.

5 comments:

Steve said...

of course peterborough had to fix the problem...
we always fix the problems...

i am playing outside said...

umm it was actually their problem that they didnt set me up in the first place. they should get with the program.

minijonb said...

sounds like this work you "tolerate" --- i'm going to back to school to get a job i "love" (urban planning)

i hope you find work you love, either at this place or somewhere else.

i am playing outside said...

no i like it much better than tolerating it. its the best job ive ever had and i love the people. but no one likes training :P

M said...

That's true, doing job training is very different from doing the job itself.
You say you love the people, so I suppose you do get out of your cubicle sometimes. What is it that you like about them?