Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Masterpiece







































53 days from 'will you paint for me?' to my signature in the corner. My painting is done, and it will be leaving me this weekend.

Sadness: I have grown quite attached, and do not want to give it up. Postpartum depression? Maybe.

Happiness: I will finally get paid, which also involves recouping the loss of $340 that I paid out of my own pocket for the supplies. I can't wait to know how much money I'm actually getting for this thing. Everyone, think high! lol

In other news, I am off to Renfrew for the weekend in the next hour or two. Yay! I hope you all have a great Easter weekend!

10 comments:

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

What a great piece! But I have to ask - are the people buying it so cheap that they can't afford to buy a couple of screws and some hanging wire? Will they at least feed you, if you have to stand there holding their purchase? Dude - you need to get in some sort of union.

i am playing outside said...

ahhaha ... actually, it is so heavy that hanging it on a wire would be a dangerous predicament, or at least for me, as i wouldnt have the proper tools to attach said wire. however, there is a crisscrossing wooden framework on the back that will allow the painting to be hung on brackets. the dad is a contractor. he will figure it out.

Steve said...

as i said last night, it looks amazing.
congrats michael!

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

Every time I look at this picture, I keep being more and more impressed at your obvious hard work. Have you done something of this size before?

Congrats again. That IAPO - good Canadian kid!

i am playing outside said...

thank you very very much :D i'm glad you guys like it!

the biggest i've done before this was 3x3 feet, and this is 4x6. more than twice the size!

Step Right Up said...

I have high hopes for a high price!
The bottom corner is still my favorite part of the piece.

Stacy said...

great job!

you should be very proud of yourself.

i am playing outside said...

thank you :)

i like that people like different parts.

fishinbearsuit said...

postpartum depression? Wouldn't that be more like you lighting it on fire? Or driving to a lake and then putting the car in neutral and letting it roll and then sink. I think the classic one is usually the bathtub.

i am playing outside said...

LOL i thought you said let the car roll into the sink. like that would do anything bad HAHAHA