Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Health Watch

Almost 24 hours have passed since I decided that I have strep throat. Since that moment, I have gone back to sleep and woken up 4 more times; the last being about 8am. When I woke up, I slowly started my morning. I sat around on the computer, then I showered, ate some cereal, and finally, I was off to the school clinic!

I waited for a few minutes, walked in, and said "I have strep throat". The Nurse Practitioner [a new one that isn't incompetent!] proceeded check my temperature [which I enjoy... the under the tongue one] and then looked in my ears [I also enjoy this, but don't know the relevance to strep]. I'm not quite sure why these first steps were necessary, because the second the woman said "now open your mouth", she was like "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE CERTAINLY RIGHT!" lol.

The woman gave me my prescription, and went on my merry little way to the pharmacy, where there was a really hot guy that I wanted to look at, but some stupid girl came and stood between us, and then she left and was immediately replaced by another stupid girl. Jerks! HAHA

Next, I went to school to do a bit of work with Evan and then Kerri. Then I came home and kind of just vegged all night. Tomorrow is going to need to be a work day, so I hope I continue getting better overnight.

3 comments:

Bec said...

wow your health clinic sounds sooo much better then Trents, we have to wait about 1/2 hour just to see the receptionist to get an appointment which will usually be 2 weeks later! Feel better!

Step Right Up said...

Don't you hate how we girls are such cock blocks?

Feel better soon!

i am playing outside said...

HAH!