Monday, March 17, 2008

The Dim Sum

Saturday morning I woke up at 11:40 to my beeping phone. A txt from Andrew saying that him and Sara would be coming to pick me up to go to IKEA shortly after 12. I quickly got ready and soon they were here. I got in the car and we started driving East. IKEA is West. Very West, in fact.

We arrived at a Chinese restaurant, and I was told we were having Dim Sum. This was horrifying to me, because I am not a fan of different foods. I did not know what Dim Sum meant. [For those who don't know, it is Chinese for 'circulating trays of food']. I think.

Since I was trapped, I decided to dive in. Sara knew the deal, so she picked what we should try, suggesting things like buns full of meat that I would enjoy. And I DID enjoy. I enjoyed everything I ate except for the rice noodle with shrimp. Andrew didn't like that either, so that makes me not a wuss.

We did eventually go to IKEA. I bought a lamp and a mini ironing board because it is better than a towel, and a 'fits all pans' frying pan lid, because I don't have one and I use a baking sheet instead HAHA.

Today I worked on some school work. I also put the last bits of colour on my painting. It is fierce. I still need to paint the sides white a time or two so they are beautiful and presentable [no lazy paint splatters for this boy!] and then I will sign it up, take one last picture or two for you guys, and then I guess it will be off to Toronto where I will never see it again!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. I will come back with photos and drunken tales once my bottle of Jameson's wears off!

2 comments:

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

Dim Sum is a way of life here on the left coast. It's kind of cool that you can see your food before committing. And, once you get the hang of it, you know what's amazing and what to avoid. Word of caution:
that thing that looks like a lemon tart? It's not. It NEVER is.

i am playing outside said...

HAHA i will remember to avoid the anti-lemon tart. that's a damn shame, because i LOVE lemon tarts and will probably get it anyway HAHA