Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Creek

Today, my Advanced Geomorphology class had a 3 hour field trip to Pinecrest Creek. I do not have any form of boots, and I couldn't find anyone who did, so I just wore long johns and jeans, and then my thickest shoes with two pairs of socks. They kept me surprisingly warm! And I only felt wet when we got on the bus to go home [when I really noticed]. The snow was knee-deep or higher. It was good exercise!



Duckies!



Evan tossing the tape measure across to Andrea AKA the tree. Andrea is a Carleton student who is taking out class. Boo! Hiss!



Professor Kasper. She has the same name as my dentist!



Wilfreda, Sam and Kathryn.



Pretty!



More duckies in section two!



Half the group, writing. With pencils. Pens freeze in the cold wilderness.



A terrible picture of me.



Sam. He apparently lives in my building. Sweet.



Wilfreda. She was getting cold.



Evan and Kathryn look angry. Too many hours in the snow!



Jennalee also look angry. I don't think she wanted her picture taken.

What a good day!

1 comment:

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I like to think that you have made up the word "Geomorphology" and just took random pictures of your friends, who happen to carry notebooks and clipboards while hiking.