Monday, January 7, 2008

The Swim

In the summer, Andrew started teaching me how to swim. I was always afraid of water, so I never ever went swimming, other than the few weeks of mandatory swimming lessons in grade 3.

The first couple of times we swam, we got me used to being in the water. The first time took me about 45 minutes until I was at all comfortable with being there. We went about 10 times, and I started improving a bit. Then, we just stopped going. Who knows why.

I wanted to start going today, so today we went. I had a great time, and I think I did better than ever. I certainly did more continuous swimming than ever before. Much less floating around than normal. HAHA

I'm leaving my shorts at Andrew's so that the option of swimming will be there every time I go. Yay!

3 comments:

fishinbearsuit said...

yay swimming! I miss swimming, it was a fun time, but I could never go underwater without plugging my nose.

i am playing outside said...

oh i certainly don't put my face in the water. you know the rules. LOL

fishinbearsuit said...

I think I'm slowly, somwhat, getting over my water-on-face disease lol