Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Nine

Today was the first day of my 6th semester of university. I walked into the geography building as I so often had. I saw Mandy and said hi... she saw a woman who smiled at me and said hi to her. I continued on down the hall towards my Advanced Geomorphology class. As I approached, I looked in the window of the door and saw no one in the first few rows at the front. I grabbed the doorknob and swung the door open to find four girls sitting near the back of the room. A few minutes later, another guy came in. Then the woman came in, and the class began.

6 people present. 9 people are actually in the class. 14 people are required to ensure that the class doesn't get canceled. Things are a bit scary at this point. I do not want to get stranded without a 5th course, or having to join another class late and be behind. I guess I should hold off on buying the book.

The prof was a woman... the first I've ever had for a geography class, other than the one day last year that I was in Political Geography and on the first day, the prof told us that there would be an extreme focus on feminism in the class. I walked out immediately and went home and dropped that course within minutes. The prof that I'll hopefully be having for this semester seems pretty nice, although I'm afraid of how much I'll really have to pay attention since the class is so small. I certainly wont be missing the class HAHA.

After class, I ran into Mandy again, who was with Amy. They were waiting to meet with a prof. about that Remote Sensing exam that we're contesting. A minute later, Sierra walked in, and I was very excited to see her! She is pretty much the queen of geography and awesomeness, but I haven't seen her in the past 8 months. First, she was in Kentucky for the summer, and then the Arctic for school, and then Oslo for last semester. She is finally back. AND, she lives right upstairs in my building! She's probably above me right now! Yay!

My walk home was nice. It was extremely foggy out, and things were either grey objects, or a white wall behind them. It was pretty creepy, because I couldn't see the apartment buildings where I live until I was very close. I was about 200 feet away and I could only see one of the five in the area. My building was just a white empty space, and it was crazy.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love the fog.

Oh, I'm also very excited that you're swimming again. Keep it up.