Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Hair

You may have read my previous post, in which I have featured this lovely head of hair in my student card photo:




















This, as you can see, is not a pretty sight. But I have carried this picture in my wallet every day for the past 29 months, and will continue to do so until it expires in August, 2010. [At which point, I won't be able to get $2 off a bus ride home anymore. Boo.]

I shall put it out there RIGHT NOW why this picture is so bad.

The summer after grade 12, I had my hair dyed black. Each year, I dyed my hair the night before school started, to make it a fresh new year. As I was going off to university after this summer, I decided to get a nice hair cut at that point as well, which meant that I left my hair to grow for an extra two or three weeks longer than I normally would have.

One day, Josh and his family were going to uOttawa to take the tour since he thought it would benefit him since school was starting in a week and he had never seen the campus. I decided to go too, even though I already knew it well. After the tour, he was going to get a few administrative things out of the way, including getting his student card. I had not planned on getting mine until school actually started a week later, but I said "Hey, what the hell!"

MISTAKE.

The day was hot and I was very sweaty. This meant that my already-ugly hair took the nice shape of my hat which they made me take off for the picture. Add that to the fact that I look like a face on a neck in this picture, and it has all the makings of the world's ugliest student card.















Just for a fun little comparison, here is me two or three weeks later during my 17 hour Monopoly game against Emilie, which I eventually won. This head features nicely cut, beautiful red hair, my naturally swirling sideburns, and a chin. Also, I weighed about 25 pounds less at that point. Jerks.

8 comments:

natasha boulanger said...

Ahh.. see that's the mykl hair I remember, know and love.

i am playing outside said...

ya i love it too. it may come back someday, but i had to stop because 13 bucks for a box of hair dye was a luxury i couldn't afford haha

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew said...

The picture of you with the red hair... you look like you need a sandwich. Sara and I would have thrown crackers at you had we know you back then - too frail looking.

i am playing outside said...

screw you! i liked looking like that!

Andrew said...

But you looked a little boy... I can't think of you like a little boy, lol.

i am playing outside said...

well it was 2 years ago

fishinbearsuit said...

hey we both have pictures that make us look like wee children. I have that picture from last christmas with my bangs that makes me like 13 lol.