Friday, December 14, 2007

The Pinwheel

I've gathered together some random items. I may even try to sell you something.

First, I must say that I am very sad that I wont be attending the Gary Allan concert tonight. First of all, I didn't have the money for a ticket. Second, he's just opening for Keith Urban who I would never ever pay to see. Next time, Gary!

On Tuesday night, I was at Andrew's and helped him decorate his tree. He had a massive box of silver and blue decorations, and I made sure they all made it on the tree, except for the 5 shaped like mushrooms. That's just weird, y'all. His cat will also be adorning the tree [or the underneath, at least] for Christmas.




















On a completely unrelated subject, my Stats exam today was open book, so I put little tabs in 22 pages for easy access. What do you do with all those tabs when you don't want to waste them? You make this on your wall:















It is pretty stunning, I know. I'll be selling them for $95 if anyone wants one. Free shipping, because I'm nice!

But for real, I'm selling textbook. Now, I'm sure that you people don't want or need them, but who doesn't want a slightly [VERY slightly ;) ] used textbook? Make me a good offer [plus shipping for these ones haha], and you could broaden your knowledge in the following areas:

The Elements of Reasoning, 4th Edition
Ronald Munson, David Conway, Andrew Black
**who doesn't love philosophy? especially when equations are involved!

The Harbrace Anthology of Short Fiction, 4th Edition
**some of you may ACTUALLY be interested in this. there are some good stories from people like Edgar Allan Poe, Herman Melville, Louisa May Alcott, William Faulkner, Ernest Hemingway, Margaret Atwood, and many more!

Personality Psychology: Domains of Knowledge About Human Nature, 2nd Edition
Randy Larsen, David Buss
**this one has been passed on a few times, but you can only tell by some scuffs on the cover. this one needs to stay in my hot little hands until next friday. lol

General Statistics, 4th Edition
Warren Chase, Fred Brown
**full of mathy goodness!

Histoire du XXe Siècle: Perspectives Internationales
Dominic Roy
**do you like 20th century world history? do you like reading things in french? if you answered yes to both of those, wow! weird! buy this from me!

I'll knock 25% off the price I paid for these books if anyone is actually interested. But I'd be extremely surprised if you even read this far! HAHA

3 comments:

Step Right Up said...

I will have to pass on those VERY tempting textbooks. I don't want to be reminded about the horrors of college (exams, papers, humiliating pompous professors).

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I still have many of my old text books because I foolishly thought I might want to refer to them again someday. I'm a dork.

i am playing outside said...

SRU - speaking of professors, i saw one of mine from first year last night at a pub. she stood around. she waited. she made a phone call or two. then i didn't see her again. i think she may have been stood up, and that made me sad. i think she's one of those ones that 'is people too'

lunchlady - welcome! ... i try to sell my books, but it doesn't always work. the university will buy them back for like $6, but i'd rather get some actual money for them, or let them collect dust and know that i didn't get ripped off by the school yet again.