Monday, December 31, 2007

The Nutcrackers

When I was 9, my mom gave me a wooden nutcracker for Christmas. I thought it was pretty awesome, and when I was 12, she decided to buy me another one. Each year since then, I've gotten a new nutcracker at Christmas, and it has become one of my favourite traditions.















The blue one on the left was the first one I got. He has survived a lot... his hat broke and fell off, I accidentally busted the moving mouth part right out of him, and he survived the year that our basement flooded and lots of our Christmas decorations got ruined, with only minor paint damage and dirtiness. The one on the horse is from last year. It's pretty awesome. The little guy is the smallest one I have... its no more than 3 inches tall.















These guys are bigger. The middle one is somewhere between one and two feet tall. The Russian one is pretty sweet, and so is the Irish guy. This year, I got the silver one, and he has a pretty awesome sword.

I thought I would share this with you all because hey, why not? HAHA

I may be back later, after I return to Ottawa, with one last post for 2007, so I can make 31 posts in the 31 days of December. Cheers!

4 comments:

fishinbearsuit said...

nice! Hopefully know I'll finally remember that they're your's and not your moms lol

i am playing outside said...

lol yes! theyre mine! back off momma! lol

natasha boulanger said...

Oh hunny... I must show you a picture of my moms nutcracker collection.

i am playing outside said...

do!