Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Good Run

Things are almost ready for the party. The bathroom is completely finished and it looks awesome. I took pics [which was difficult because it is a SMALL bathroom] so you can all see on Sunday night.

After installing the light [which included my third trip in three days to Canadian Tire], I pretty much relaxed all day until I picked mom up after work. We went to No Frills to pick up a few things, then home for supper. Later, her bf Darrell came and we all went to Wal*Mart to get the rest of the food and stuff they needed for the party. When we came home, we sat around and chatted for a while, and the I cleaned out the fridge because it was a mess and there would need to be room for stuff tomorrow night. Then I set up the bar which looks beautiful. I rock.

I am SO EXCITED for tomorrow. Mom and Darrell are going to Eganville for a funeral in the morning, but I'm not going because I need to be here to collect Andrew at the bus stop when he rolls into town at 11:15. We will do some cleaning, and then when mom and Darrell get back, it will be time to throw this disaster of a house into a perfect party zone, and get all the food together!

The funeral is for my mom's brother's wife's mother, aka my aunt-in-law's mother. The woman died 4 months short of her 106th birthday. She could still handle a staircase without a problem, and she just moved into an old age home about a month ago. What an amazing life.

On the one hand, you can't be shocked because people tend to die when they reach 105 years old. On the other hand, I was shocked that she was actually capable of death. I mean 105 years old and she was still in great health. As my mom's coworker Kim put it best, "well, that was a good run, eh?"

PS. Kudos to Stacy and Kevyn, who were the only people to update their blogs in my almost 24 hour absence from the blog world. The rest of you suck. HAHA :P

No comments: