Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Lights

Tonight, Andrew and I grabbed some hot chocolate and took a chilly stroll up to the Parliament buildings.















Getting a good picture from dead center was a bit difficult, since apparently other people love the buildings as well, and wouldn't get out of the way.















We warmed up by the Centennial Flame, although the hot chocolate was already iced, and there's no turning back after that.















We headed back down Wellington St. and the cold prompted us to slip into the Château Laurier. I had never been inside, so Andrew showed me around the lobby, and we looked at all the great pictures from royal events of the past.















Finally, we faced the cold again and made our way to Chapters, where we searched for interesting books and had lovely conversation. It was a good night.

2 comments:

natasha boulanger said...

Gosh.. that sounds like a perfect night. Chapters is like sex land for me I swear to god. Mind orgasms. The one near Ikea I'm sure that every single cute funny yet smart guy in his twenties from Ottawa works there.. I would live in there if they let me.

i am playing outside said...

I've never been to the one near IKEA. Just the one in Kanata and the one on Rideau.