Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Barstool

Yesterday afternoon, aunt Frances came to pick me up. Between getting in the car and getting to Renfrew, we had several stops to make, so what is normally a 90 minute trip at the most, when traffic is heavy, became a 4 hour trip home. But she got her new curtains, we picked up my cousin's girlfriend Jenna, I got my FedEx package, and Jenna got her luggage from her aunt's place in Kanata. It was 7 by the time I got home, so I ate supper and then napped.

Around 10, Mando and I went out to Subway. We called Bill and Michelle but they were both MIA. Elyse and Rebecca were heading to Wal*Mart since they were open til midnight [ooo special!], so we met them there since we were going as well. We had good fun until the store closed, and then we met the rest of the group at Coco Jarry's where a New Orleans-inspired band was playing [as they often do] [see: Mumbo Jumbo Voodoo Combo]. Some of our high school teachers were there, so I chatted with them for a few minutes. On the way out, through the crowded side of the bar, Jenny [see: tanked off her ass] decided to vomit all over a barstool. My mother was appalled when I told her, since this is her favourite haunt, and was sure that the owner would be pissed since that sort of thing never happens there, and he's a bit of an angry man, although he's very nice to Momma and her friends HAHA. Luckily for us, we were heading out the door.

Some people got Jenny cleaned up, thanks to the abundance of snow outside, and then we spent a good twenty minutes standing outside between two other bars trying to decide which one would be least crappy, since a Friday night in Renfrew isn't too exciting. We eventually chose Finnigan's [which is usually home to a bit less trash]. Finally, some of us headed to Stephanie's to hang out, where we [see: Jacey and Stephanie] took care of Kristin.

This afternoon, Momma and her bf Darrell and and I went to visit grandma for a while. They dropped me off at home and headed to Darrell's sister's for supper, and I headed over to the liquor store where I saw 6 people I know, and about a million people I didn't. Apparently people love booze at Christmas. WHO KNEW!?

Tonight I will be heading to Lindsay's with a 26 of Disaronno in tow [see: preparation for good times] and then we'll be hitting up Finnigan's since Saturday IS the night to go there. Have a safe and happy pre-Christmas weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

fishinbearsuit said...

Jenny got cleaned up thanks to my purse contents - a wetnap, and gum!
Then Kristin brought out bar towel lol

i am playing outside said...

ahh nice... your purse rocks