Monday, October 15, 2007

The Sickness

Friday night was the first of three days of competition for Greek Olympics. Every year, the 15 fraternities and sororities in Ottawa compete in a series of sports during the day and drinking games at night. Friday night was an awesome time, and I saw so many people that I haven't seen in months, which was really great.

Saturday, I planned on skipping the day events because I had to do an assignment for Monday, and it was the only time I had for it. Andrew came over and read comic books while I did the assignment since we hadn't been able to hang out for a while. We had fun haha. I had til 9 or 10 before needing to go to the night events of Greek O, so we went to school to drop of my assignment, and then headed out to South Keys. I bought a camera case, and then we went to Montana's for supper which was SO DELICIOUS. We went to Loblaws and got me a nice load of groceries, and then we were back to my place.

While we were at South Keys, I started feeling bad. I decided not to go to the Greek O events that night, and I got more and more sick as the night went on. I would sleep for no more than 30 minutes at a time. I was hot AND freezing and my throat hurt and no matter how many jugs of water I chugged, I wasn't getting hydrated at all.

This sleeping on and off has gone on for about 24 hours now, although I do feel like I'm getting a bit better, and I hope it continues like that. My temperature has become regulated, and I just slept for 2 solid hours [although at this point, I'm sure that I will go through waking and sleeping all night, since I've gotten so much sleep in 24 hours.

Obviously, I didn't go to the Greek O events today either. Oh well. There's always next year. The one good thing about being sick is that I watched the 6th season of The Simpsons on DVD haha. Good times.

Oh, also, Andrew came by this afternoon to get me some medicine and a muffin [the muffin being the most bizarre request ever in my mind. But boy, did I ever want it! haha].

I hope everyone else is doing well and had a good weekend!

2 comments:

mando said...

I like Montanananas. My moms high school best friends daughter is named Montana.

natasha boulanger said...

:( Feel better. I am so friggen buzzed off lack of sleep it's like I'm either really high or slightly drunk.