Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Other Day

On Saturday evening, Amanda and I went to IKEA and Value Village. At IKEA, she purchased a lamp and I purchased a tasty vanilla ice cream cone.

At Value Village, she bought a whackload of crap because she loves everything, which is pretty awesome. Me, I like select pieces of awesome that will become beautiful additions to my room.

I intended to hit up a birthday/Halloween party in Gatineau, so I was frantically searching for a costume. I really wanted to be a Power Ranger. When we were done at Value Village and went our separate ways, I called my friend to say that I'd be late, and he said that it wasn't really worth making the long [and expensive by taxi] trek, because not many people were showing up. This saddened me, but I chose to save the large amount of money I'd be spending on a taxi that night, and we will hang out soon.

Thankfully, I had not gone all out with a costume. I ended up purchasing only a Power Rangers mask, because the store had NOTHING that would work as the rest of the outfit. I created the ensemble at home, and it looked a little something like this:




















NOTE: I look like the fattest Power Ranger ever, because I'm wearing baggy pants and a very tight but awesome shirt. Yes... that's it... blame the clothes. Heh heh.

Also, I stumbled about this brilliant find. For $0.99, its purchase was required. It'll let you marvel in its beauty.




















As if this picture isn't great enough, I came across this gem as I was typing this blog. It seems that the word Gatineau does not exist in the automatic dictionary thing. What are the suggested replacements, you ask?

Sweatiness. Meatiness. Patine. Palatine.

5 comments:

mando said...

Do they have both matching shirts AND glasses?

natasha boulanger said...

Awww I love that picture! I am soooo jealous...

Ps. I love the halloween you outside.

natasha boulanger said...

You're also the cutest Power Ranger ever!

i am playing outside said...

they do indeed have the same shits [a uniform] AND glasses!

thank you... i think i'm a pretty good power ranger as well.

if you love me playing outside at halloween, just WAIT until you see me playing outside on my birthday!

Andrew said...

I can't see the bloody pictures at work! (Which makes me wonder how dirty you look in a homemade Power Rangers costume if the Government of Canada blocks it)