Monday, October 29, 2007

The First Snow

Yesterday, snow fell in Ottawa for the first time. It wasn't much and it certainly didn't stay on the ground, but it fell and it was lovely.

Today, I slept until my body decided it was done. Those are the best days. I packed up my laundry and headed on over to Andrew's place, where I dumped it all over his kitchen floor.














Laundry is $12 cheaper at Andrew's place [when I have three loads] so it is well worth the bus trip and the time spent here with him. He's not here right now, but he's on his way home from work. Then he will stop to pick up some supper and a new ice cube tray because I noticed that his is broken and notified him immediately. We like our ice water.

To pass a few moments, I took these pictures...

... of Andrew's cat Tigger...















... and of his brand new balcony...



















... and of that balcony's view on what is a crisp, cool day in Ottawa, looking West.

12 comments:

natasha boulanger said...

I love that kitty meow meow, I want to play with it. I can picture his sad face.. it;s so sad.

i am playing outside said...

he only gets a sad face when he wants me to play forever and then he hisses at me and then i give him an angry look. lol

mando said...

I used to have a cat named Trigger. And I totally missed the first snow fall :(

AND my tamagotchi died already lol

i am playing outside said...

it died after two days? you're such a horrible mother! i can only imagine why you USED to have a cat named Trigger LOL

mando said...

Im getting a garfield vibe off that cat. I cant even spell that cats name anymore.

Garfeld?

Stacy said...

Interesting...I like my water room temperature.

i am playing outside said...

Yo just because Tigger loves lasagna and lazy Mondays doesn't mean that its a Garfield impersonator.

Sadly, ice water may be coming to a halt for a few days at Andrew's place. The grocery store had NO ice cube trays, so now he's down to just a couple of cubes. However, I'm going to give him my two trays, since my fridge keeps my water so cold that I don't need them anyway. Yay sharing!

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew said...

Oh my good lord, I'm going to get ice trays - I just wasn't going to busy my ass on my way home to get dinner while feeling completely exhausted. As god as my witness, you will have ice at my place again soon!

natasha boulanger said...

You people sure do love your ice.

i am playing outside said...

yo, i said i'd give you mine. i don't use them. and they're green and yellow! FUN!

Andrew said...

Yay! Fun colours. Are the fun shapes too?