Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Brunch

Today I woke up at 8am for some strange reason. The following three hours were spent laying in bed, wrapped in my warm comforter, being warm and listening to music. At 11, Momma called to say that her and Darrell were on their way to pick me up! I called Andrew and told him to hop on the bus.

I got ready, and just as I was finishing the tooth-brushing portion of my morning, Momma was a-knockin' at the door. I gave them the grand tour of my apartment, and I think she really liked it, which makes me happy because I also like it. Soon after, Andrew showed up and we were off to the Elgin Street Diner! Yay! It took us a while to get there, because we hit a roadblock and then the only sure way I know for us to get there was a length detour. During the detour, I realized a much shorter way that we could have gotten back to the same place, but oh well, we had a bit of fun.

The meal was delicious. I had the Hangover Breakfast which is a regular breakfast special with poutine. It was the perfect melding of breakfast and lunch. I want more immediately.

We took our party on tour and walked around the Byward Market for a little while, and then it was time to part ways. Hugs and handshakes, and then everyone was off!

Tonight I had some fun time with Jeff, Trish, Sean and Justine and it was a good time. We watched Big Brother, which was a recap episode because the season finale is on Tuesday night, and the Emmy's were on tonight so why show new content when you're up against them?

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I didn't even bother with Big Brother or the Emmys for that matter. Recaps are death - don't punish me because I was a loyal viewer!

natasha boulanger said...

I did watch the Big Brother recap.. well sort of while online and eating a bag of BBQ Crispers which I am determined is some sort of bad drug. Also your brunch adventure sounded awesome.

i am playing outside said...

Andrew, you missed a good episode. It replayed all the best moments of the year!