Monday, September 17, 2007

The 7 Load Bitch

So today I left the apartment only to do my laundry. To start off, I felt like an idiot because I only have to take the elevator down one floor, because there are no stairs to the basement. There are 22 floors of people here coming and going all the time, so I'm sure that is annoying to the people going upstairs. But anyway.

I got down to the laundry room along with two other people. Between us, we had 8 loads of laundry to do. This means we need 7 of the 20 machines. They are all full, but all finished, except for one girl who has just started up 4 machines. We waited a few minutes and were about to start taking other peoples' things out, when one girl came downstairs to move her things to the dryer. She was using SEVEN machines. Just so you know, she was using approximately 33% of the machines, when there are about 1500 people who live in the building. ANGER.

So the 7 Load Bitch finally gets all her stuff out, and we filled the machines up with our own things. I got there last, so I crammed all my stuff into one machine, which saved me $2 so that is cool haha. The annoying part? I'll tell you!

I still have my laundry card from when I lived in residence two years ago, and they are the same as the ones used here, so I put $20 on the card. That worked fine. But did it work when I went to put it in the machine? Of course not! So I had to be nice to the other guy who was putting stuff in the washer and I paid him to use his card. We planned to reconvene 41 minutes later when the cycles would be finished so I could borrow it again.

40 minutes later, I met my new, nameless friend in the elevator on the way downstairs. The 7 Load Bitch had all the dryers taken up as well, so we immediately pulled all her stuff out and used those machines. I hate the 7 Load Bitch.

I told Andrew of this fiasco, and he told me that in the future, I should just bring my laundry to his place. Sure, its a decently long bus trip to haul laundry, but it is free that way, and its not like I wont be going there anyway. I can also go during the day while he's not there and do school work or something. This shall be a good plan. I also plan to get my $20 bucks back. Jackasses.

6 comments:

natasha boulanger said...

Wow.. 7 Load Bitch sounds like a bitch that deserves 7 loads. In her eye. Also.. who the hell waits until they seven loads of laundry to do their fricken laundry. Yes I did have 8 loads to do once but I was cleaning out my closet and giving away most of the said clothes, so like only 2 loads were my actual clothes clothes. But seriously.. load right in her eye. Also how do you haul laundry on a bus? I need to know this.

Amanda-Jayna said...

I had an idea, then I lost it, and now Im about to be late for work and i still have no clue where my bus pass is, so too bad lol

i am playing outside said...

You simply fill a duffel bag with your laundry and then take it lol. Not too hard. People take suitcases all the time on the bus.

mando said...

Yea and those people are BASTARDS

Frig I had to stand from my place to Canada Post this morning, with noPod. IT BLEW

i am playing outside said...

why were you going to Canada Post? are you talking the headquarters? that's a far trip. i traveled all over the city today, but that's my next post...

Andrew said...

Feel free to do my laundry when you come over to do your's ;)